Microsoft Compiler

Started by
3 comments, last by SiCrane 18 years, 5 months ago
I have been using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 for a while now and am looking to upgrade. I am, however, a little confused about all the different versions. The newest Visual Studio edition is 2005, but by getting that you get (and pay for) all the programming languages. I would just like to purchase the C++ component. Also, there seems to be the .net versions, which have both the Visual Studio.net and Visual C++.net as two different products. I don't want to deal with .net junk. Is there anyway to get the newest C++ version without getting Visual Basic, Visual C#, and Visual J# as well? Help would be appreciated.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Advertisement
You can purchase a version of Visual C++ .NET 2005 without getting C#, etc. However, you can't get a version without the .NET stuff. On the other hand, you can still write non-managed (non-.NET) C++ programs with MSVC .NET 2005.

Edit: You can even download the Express Edition from Microsoft for free.
Do you mean Visual C++ 2003? I can't find a Visual C++ 2005 by itself. Also, I would rather have the full version instead of the Express one. Btw, thanks for the quick reply.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
You can download it seperate!
Bring more Pain
For MSVC .NET 2005 you can either get the Express Edition which is C++ by itself, or you have to get one of the Visual Studio packages which have all the languages together.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement