VS 2005 and .NET Framework v. 2.0 Redistributable

Started by
3 comments, last by darookie 18 years, 4 months ago
I have compiled my game using VS 2005. The problem is that when I try to run the game on another computer a ' application has incorrect configuration' error comes up. After installing the .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable the problem disappears. I want to ask if installing the Framework Redistributable is the only way to solve this issue . The download is more than 20 Mb and including the Redistributable in a downloadable game is a serious problem. I run the Dependency Walker and the missing files are MSVSR80.DLL and MSVSP80.DLL. Thanks for any input.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

Advertisement
You will find all the information you need HERE.
Thanks! That helps me a lot.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

I've been thinking about Visual Studio 2005 beta 2. Do you think I would be better off getting Visual C++ 2005 Express? I have tried to use POGO w/ VS 2005 Beta 2, but I honestly don't understand how to use it. Are there any other features that VC++ Express will not have? Also, I looked around on google for whether MS sells Visual C++ 2005 Professional as a standalone product, but couldn't find anything. How much would it cost? Is it even sold standalone?

I've also noticed that I can run my Chess engine on my computer, and my other home computers, but an error pops up when I ask my friends to try it. I'm not sure what the problem is, although all my home computers have my Visual Studio 2005 copy installed on them.

Thanks for all the help!
The professional version doesn't seem to be shipped as a C++ standalone edition.
According to the product feature comparisons it seems as if it doesn't have to offer much of interest for C++ developers anyway compared to the standard edition.
If you don't aim for MS SQL Server programming or developing distributed applications, the standard version migth be just right for you.

Regards,
Pat.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement