new windows install, GLUT apps w/ textures are slow

Started by
1 comment, last by avocados 18 years, 4 months ago
I just formatted the drive and reinstalled WinXP and the latest forceware drivers for this geForce 4200 ti. I'm not sure if its a newer driver than what was on there before. My GLUT apps without textures run just like before but anything with textures has about half the frame rate. I tried two commercial games I know use openGL and they work fine. Any ideas? V-sync is off as always.
Advertisement
Quote:My GLUT apps without textures run just like before but anything with textures has about half the frame rate

try cout << glGetString( GL_RENDERER ) to see u have hardware acceleration (though it would be slower than half) also check the nvidia driver panels hints eg they might be different now than previously eg under the performance + quality settings, also reinstall glut (if necessary)
Its not openGL, its a driver problem.

In case someone comes across this post in a search some day, the nForce 5.10 for the nForce2 chipset seem to be causing problems for the 81.98 forceware drivers for the geForce. For now, I've got some two-year-old nForce drivers that are working better.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement