engine should call game development pack

Started by
8 comments, last by Sneftel 18 years, 3 months ago
engine include many stuff. physics mathematic ai ui terrain space part ....... it is more than a warpper of dx. dx just is a render engine.
Advertisement
Thanks, I was wondering about that.
I think you are confusing the disparate concepts of the game engine and the graphics engine.
profound
Did you want us to confirm something? Dicuss something? Or was it just a general statement?
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper
Quote:Original post by Ravuya
I think you are confusing the disparate concepts of the game engine and the graphics engine.

do you mean the graphics engine is not belong to game engine?
Quote:Original post by Endar
Did you want us to confirm something? Dicuss something? Or was it just a general statement?

I want you confirm something or correct something.
OK Then. Most engines that are called "game engines" include things for physics, graphics, input etc... But there are things called "graphic engines" that just do graphics and very little else. I have a thing I call a simple code base, but others try to call an engine. It is just a group of C++ classes that wrap OpenGL, though Direct3d and OpenGL compare. There are plenty of others who have made wrappers for D3D, OpenGL, and combined. These aren't engines, though you can use these to make engines.

yes, dx just is a render engine. engine include what you want, stuff is you mention good. free engine good like crystal space.
Generally people who speak english use question marks to indicate questions. You might want to start doing that. It'll make people better able to understand you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement