Book of Dwafsoft: Letter to the GDCornarians

Started by
27 comments, last by dwarfsoft 23 years, 2 months ago
GDCornarians of GameDevaria, I stand and stare open mouthed as the appocolypse begins. It was fabled that once the EGG thread was ended that the end of the world would come, and now I believe that time to be near. The almighty necromancer Niphty has gained in strength so much that the almighty warrior and leader of GameDevaria has been swayed in his choices. True, there were a rather large gathering of pointlessness that threatened to, in itself, destroy the EGG thread, but that was not the point. EGG persevered. There was meaningfulness. May the message not be lost with the arrival of this evil that is sweeping the land... There is now a holy war, the most religious that could have been. People are taking up cause left, right and center. What the outcome will be depends on what stance you take... LEFT WING: Are goblins to be slaughtered mindlessly while innocent threads shall close? This is the cause of the Niphtilicious Niphty the might Necromancer himself... RIGHT WING: Are goblins to become capable of defence and respect so that journeymen can battle amongst themselves for precious experience instead of bullying inferior species out of their gold and for meagre expereince? For a realm where free speach is accepted and threads run free. This is the cause of the Landfishian Landfish almighty high priest and Warrior Mage, though he must be sought out from the depths of time into which he passed... General Nazrix and Corporal Dwarfsoft shall see to the finding of such a leader... CENTER WING: For all justice and peace where none shall be abused yet nothing shall be gained. This was once the realm of High Overlord and ruler supreme of the GDCorneria, High General MadKeithV. He is under the sway of the Niphtian overlord, and this faction may yet turn into a left wing group... We need you to take a stance and make your feelings known. There must be a way to bring this righteous war to an end... But it is up to you... United you will stand and as one many will fall... May the victor of this holy war be righteous in their own stead and may the best faction win... May this not be the appocalypse that was forseen and foretold. Make sure of such by not choosing the Niphtarian ways of evil. There is much to be lost along that path... Sincerely, Colonel Dwarfsoft High Landfishian Lancers -Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers'' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche           
Advertisement
Down with the lot of you goblin-hugging hippies and thread ruining nazis!

Vae Victus! Long live Mad Keith the Fifth!

"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..."
"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..." -- Merrick
I have a question, what''s the problem ?

I should have missed something.

Anyway if I have to choose a wing I''ll take the right or central one.

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
[Entire post edited away by Mad Keith V for being entirely off-topic and missing the point. Read the original post thoroughly and all referred threads before you post an unnecessary message. Flames are not allowed in this forum, save it for the lounge.
Mad Keith.]

Edited by - MadKeithV on January 11, 2001 3:05:18 AM
"I feel sorry for the earth's population, 'cause so few live in the USA." -Bad Religion --FenrisD--
I have a feeling that you missed the point of the post, FenrisD.

Though I have seen worse, you still found a way to fit a lot of redundant insults in your reply. Nice job.

Maybe you should be taking your own advice, even though this thread is not quite long yet?
What happened to our community of revolutionary thoughts and sense of working together for a common goal? I miss the old Game Design Corner

http://www15.brinkster.com/nazrix/main.html

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be --Pink Floyd
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
quote:Original post by FenrisD
--post edited on account of I object to most of it--

What''s that burning? Do I smell a flamewar? Nazrix is right. What happened to the sense of "we''ll bounce ideas off of each other, and CALMLY point out when someone has a silly or downright useless idea." If such a thing exists.

And now, on to what Fenris actually said. Where do you get that this is off topic? Have you been keeping up with threads and the RPG doc? A lot of that comes from the EGG thread (running for close to 6 months now) and so if you don''t have the time to read 24 pages, while that does mean you appear to have a life, it doesn''t give you any right to come on here and screech at someone who has been around and contributed to it. As for the unusual modelling of the post, since you seem to have missed the EGG thread and it''s entire point, it is based on RPGs. As such, he has set it up roleplaying a general.

Telling us to read threads...I think you ought to take your own advice.

--

WNDCLASSEX Reality;
Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;
RegisterClassEx(&Reality);

Unable to register Reality...what''s wrong?
---------
Dan Upton
Lead Designer
WolfHeart Software
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
quote:Original post by draqza

What happened to the sense of "we''ll bounce ideas off of each other, and CALMLY point out when someone has a silly or downright useless idea." If such a thing exists.

Exactly, and furthermore, what happened to the time when people misunderstood what we were talking about, we''d politely correct them instead of flaming. I mean I know we can''t be in perfect harmony, but it''s getting rediculous.

http://www15.brinkster.com/nazrix/main.html

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be --Pink Floyd
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
---start OT rant---

Oops, I think I'll edit that out. MKV has probably already seen it, but if not...well, better for all.

---end OT rant---

To be on topic now, I say...I shall have to reread the opening post and think about it before I make my position clear.

--

WNDCLASSEX Reality;
Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;
RegisterClassEx(&Reality);

Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?
---------
Dan Upton
Lead Designer
WolfHeart Software

Edited by - draqza on January 11, 2001 10:11:32 AM
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
Actually, i got a post closed for mentioning exactly what you did, suggesting to keith that he do something about a problem, publically. This, in some way, is seen as being superior to him (mayhaps he has an infiriority complex), and that i was opposing his opinion of things. I was honestly just trying to get my post opened again, and when he deleted my post and Adastra''s in the "EGG" thread, as it''s now called, I was annoyed that he had also failed to respond to my emails.. which had been sent both before and after I made such post. I''d thought that since he''d obivously been online to delete my posts, that he should have had more than enough time to get my letters.. and reply to them. And since he hadn''t, and it''d been around 24 hours, I made a public posting as to the unfairness he''d presented.
For some reason, i''m being specially editted because of Landfish. This is quite unfair, as well. So now, thanks to landfish and his cohorts, i pretty much can''t post anything without keith sticking his nose into it. I''m supposed to be "extra" careful about what i say in posts so as to not hurt anyone''s feelings or some such BS. I say that''s a tad bit unfair. Although, since i''m not superior to keith, what i say doesn''t really matter.. as he seems to have alluded to.

I suppose it''s wrong for a poster to flame the moderator, but right for the moderator to flame the posters, eh?

As for dwarfsoft.. that''s actually pretty funny. I like that you can script it so well into verse. however.. you''re a pessimist. Obivously the world hasn''t ended.. and the thread is closed. Although, i''m not the one who closed it. I suppose, though, that it''s a fitting end. I gave landfish the idea to start it, and now i''ve given keith the will to stop it.
I don''t believe it''ll be stopped for long though. I seem to think that my emails to keith will have it reopened, with him removing his comments and mine. The question is..
Will you be able to keep it going after such tragedy?

J

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement