i know nothing want to learn

Started by
17 comments, last by nprz 18 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by LessBread
a little thing like a mispelling

You just misspelled "misspelling", didn't you? :)
Advertisement
No, I just conjured up the word "mis-pelling"! [grin]

Actually, it turns out that a "pell" is a roll of parchment. How charming.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Quote:i know absolutly nothing u cant plame me fr trying if no one wnats to help
People not wanting to help you has nothing to do with anything. If you really want to learn, how about finding a tutorial or getting a book. I'm fine with helping people learn, but when people don't even have the initiative (right word?) to go and at least try to learn it themselves, especially when there's a bounty of tutorials on the internet, is just lazy and I'm not one to waste my time on people who won't even try.
Quote:hay atleast im not a lier
I'm a bit lost here...

Sorry,if I sound a bit harsh but one of the things that I can't stand is when people just expect everything to be given to them on a platter. If they aren't willing to try, why should I help them?

1- Go to google
2- type in "C++ tutorials" (or like)
3- try making programs

other places:

MSDN - has references about C++
cprogramming - C/C++ tutorials
Also, I think the forum FAQ lists some programming tuorials

Good luck
F-R-E-D F-R-E-D-B-U-R...G-E-R! - Yes!
Google.ca is a programmers best friend.
msdn.microsoft.com can suck my nutz.
Books may not be cheap but they at least have some "sence" to them.
Quote:Original post by Fred304
HTML is no programming language at all - it's a markup language.

A markup language is a subset of languages which are not dynamic and simply transform the surrounding data instead of modifying it. Thus, HTML (and all markup languages) are good gateways to programming, as changing the way the data is displayed is one of the central themes behind programming.

On top of that, HTML is simple to learn and practically unforgettable, and thanks to the DOM and &#106avascript, it's programmable. (and learning &#106avascript without learning HTML is like learning how to write a language compiler without ever knowing the language to begin with, it's just stupid [exception: writing a new language might be considered writing a language without "knowing" it, but I believe if you've got any idea of the language you want to write, then you "know" the language already]).<br><br>It also tends to be less aggrivating than learning a real programming language as there is no compilation downtime, and it doesn't take a lot of code to do complex things. Of course this can be said about any number of scripting languages as well, but interpreters are usually much more notorious about confusing debugging statements.<br><br>Personally, I'd tell him to learn BASIC. And not the visual variety. It's incredibly simple, it's syntatically unalike to newer languages (which I believe aids in becoming a more versatile programmer), and it's pretty powerful even for its age. When he's ready to move up to compiled languages I'd suggest C first (just out of its ubiquity), and for a first object oriented language I'd suggest PHP/Perl/Python/P*. The P-languages are a lot more forgiving than compiled object oriented languages.<br><br>But, everyone's gotta take their own path. English would be a nice language to learn first too.
Quote:Original post by PlaGuED
msdn.microsoft.com can suck my nutz.

MSDN is an excellent resource (and not just for the Win API). Ignoring it is just plain stupid. Having said that: MSDN search is practically useless in my experience - use Google, with site:microsoft.com to restrict the results.

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
Another good place for general reference stuff is

http://www.about.com

Its local search engine is about as good as MSDN, and it has some annoying ad-banners, but the introductory c/c++ stuff is clearly written and backed up with examples :)

~Shiny
------------'C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.' -Bjarne Stroustrup
Quote:I realise that you might take this as offensive

Perhaps you should not flame him, and check your own post Turbo.

Realize
Quote:Original post by kclemens
Quote:I realise that you might take this as offensive

Perhaps you should not flame him, and check your own post Turbo.

Realize

Not reason to get all grammar Nazi. Realise. Sure it is less common, but it is sure more common than "nuthing"

But I don't know, is this a troll? I don't think I've seen people spell that bad without trying before. There isn't any punctuation at all in the post, not one.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement