Affordable 3D Software

Started by
4 comments, last by sigmaent 23 years, 4 months ago
Hallo! I''m trying to find a 3D Modelling Software that''s free or doesn''t cost so much.. is there any of those around?? Regards Daniel Westerstål Sigma Entertainment http://sigmaent.cjb.net
Advertisement
Well, there is Blender in the links sectino (go search the main page for the links section), as well as Milkshape 3D, which is $20, I hear.
However, once I upgrade my PC, I am gonna try something called Anim8or. It looks good, and it''s free. Check it out here.

click this

If I screwed the link up, I apologize. I haven;t used HTML in a while.

C Ya.

Be kind to geeks. Someday they''''ll be your boss.
Be kind to geeks. Someday they''ll be your boss.
That anim8tor "looks" to be just what i needed. The images from others is impressive enough for my unskilled eyes. Thanks a lot for the link.

Oh and the link is ALMOST correct...just open in a new window and take out the gamedev.net part of link(front part) and your there!

thanks

aka John M.
Never give up. Never surrender!

Yes, anim8tor does look good, but I''ve tried using it, and I never was able to get it to work it efficiently; a waste of my time, IMO.

I use Blender for pre-renderded modelling, and I think it''s great aside from it''s somewhat steep learning curve (you will HAVE to read the tutorials to figure it out) and it''s lack of export capabilities...but it is free =o)

Milkshape is very good too, for low-poly in-game models, though after 30 days, you are going to have to pay the $20 (but it''s worth it)...

So, blender for pre-rendering (until they upgrade the exporting =o) and Milkshape for in-game models...

Those are my only recommendations...hope that helps =o)

(o=   Cliff_Hawkens   =o)
[email=erydo@gdnmail.net" style="color: #ff0000; text-decoration:none; cursor:help;](o= erydo =o)[/email]
I agree cliffhawkens and GalaxyQuest about anim8tor it is completely free. Milshade3D is good but it is a freeware/shareware program. Blender is good depending on the job, i found it to be a bit confusing to use when i used it a while back. If you do download anim8tor don''t upadate your Visual Basic Runtime Modules if you do then the anim8tor will not run. That is a problem i ran into when i moved to the lastest version of the modules.

Hay cliffhawkens i like the way you have the email flying accross the bottom of your message post. I''ve never seen that before.
--------------------------I shall thrash his bloody head in, cut it from upon his shoulders, and as his blood flows effortlessly down my blade, I shall taste it's sweetness. Blade Runner’s Entertainment Nothing much right now...
Naturally =o)

(o=   Cliff_Hawkens   =o)
[email=erydo@gdnmail.net" style="color: #ff0000; text-decoration:none; cursor:help;](o= erydo =o)[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement