Shipping out soon

Started by
20 comments, last by blueEbola 18 years, 3 months ago
Bring me back something cool.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Advertisement
Keep safe! I'd love to hear how things are going if get the chance to post when you're there.
Good luck, man. I hope everything works out for you. I've got a buddy about to come back from Iraq and a buddy that just got to Iraq. If you see Allen Cranfill over there, tell him AJ said hey. My pansy ass, I joined the Navy, so I'll be in the gulf putting warheads on forheads to ease your workload [grin]. Again good luck and hope to see you safely back.

-AJ
V/R,-AJThere are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't...
Good luck.

I knew there was a reason I joined the Air Force instead of the Army.
---New infokeeps brain running;must gas up!
Quote:Original post by Witchcraven
My grandpa was a truck driver in WW2. He came back alive and well, laden with nazi loot and interesting stories. I wish you the best of luck, although Iraqi loot is probably illegal and not as good as nazi loot.

Hey there is a chance he may still find some Nazi loot somewhere in Iraq.
Good luck, have a hobby, keep a good mental attitude, exercise and eat well.
Quote:Original post by LessBread
Stay focused, strong, healthy and alive! Drop us a line and let us know how you are when you get there.

Don't know if I can, asside from e-mail.
Quote:Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
Bring me back something cool.

No promises, although I'll be taking a digital camera and voice recorder...
Quote:Original post by valles
Good luck, have a hobby, keep a good mental attitude, exercise and eat well.

Checks on all three, especially number 1 and 3. Just hope my Design Patterns book doesn't get too damage when I'm there.
Programming since 1995.
Quote:That's not a promise his recruiter can keep.

Recruiter's are the car salesmen of the military. When I joined the Army, my recruiter told me that I would automatically get a military credit card and uncle Sam would even give me a car. They don't bend the truth, they just flat out lie.

One of their favorite tactics that I think anyone thinking about signing up should be aware of is telling you that they can change your MOS (Military Occupation Specialty). For instance, I wanted to go in as a 74B Information System Operator/Analyst. My recruiter told me that if that MOS was not avilable I should sign up as a cook and he would do the paperwork to get me changed to a 74B after I was processed in. Luckily for me, my dad warned me about this, and I told them I would walk if I could not go in as a 74B. They magically found a way to make sure I went in as a 74B. Even then, I was not gauranteed to be working in the field they trained me in. (Luckily for me, I did really well in AIT (school) and got a cush assignment working on computers in the headquarters building of the 1st Cav.)

After you swear in, the recruiter no longer cares what happens to you, and even if he/she did, he/she could do nothing to change your assignment. Be very careful with these people. 97% of what they say is lies just to get you processed. I am not trying to discourage anyone from joining, just make sure you KNOW what you are getting into, and don't rely on the recruiter to tell you what to expect.

I wish you the best of luck with your assignment.

Peace
Mr. Tie Dye

[Edited by - mrtie_dye on January 23, 2006 1:41:53 AM]
Marriage is the #1 cause of divorce
Good luck!

For that matter, with everything - school, website, and getting you and your guys around Iraq in the correct number of pieces.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Quote:Original post by mrtie_dye
Quote:That's not a promise his recruiter can keep.

Recruiter's are the car salesmen of the military. When I joined the Army, my recruiter told me that I would automatically get a military credit card and uncle Sam would even give me a car. They don't bend the truth, they just flat out lie.

One of their favorite tactics that I think anyone thinking about signing up should be aware of is telling you that they can change your MOS (Military Occupation Specialty). For instance, I wanted to go in as a 74B Information System Operator/Analyst. My recruiter told me that if that MOS was not avilable I should sign up as a cook and he would do the paperwork to get me changed to a 74B after I was processed in. Luckily for me, my dad warned me about this, and I told them I would walk if I could not go in as a 74B. They magically found a way to make sure I went in as a 74B. Even then, I was not gauranteed to be working in the field they trained me in. (Luckily for me, I did really well in AIT (school) and got a cush assignment working on computers in the headquarters building of the 1st Cav.)

After you swear in, the recruiter no longer cares what happens to you, and even if he/she did, he/she could do nothing to change your assignment. Be very careful with these people. 97% of what they say is lies just to get you processed. I am not trying to discourage anyone from joining, just make sure you KNOW what you are getting into, and don't rely on the recruiter to tell you what to expect.

I wish you the best of luck with your assignment.

Peace
Mr. Tie Dye

I came *this* close to signing up via one of the above kinds of recruiters.

Come to find out afterward, my recruiter was the #1 Marine Corps recruiter in the whole U.S.A. [wow]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement