Public Wiki for our Game's Design?

Started by
3 comments, last by demonkoryu 18 years, 3 months ago
My partner and I use Wiki to collaborate on our ideas and to build upon our design document. We started humouring the idea of making the Wiki public and allowing people on GDNet the opportunity to post ideas for the game, and even ways around some of the technical hurdles involved. Let me know what you guys think, bad idea or good idea? Thanks
Advertisement
I made a very similar post just a few days ago.

link

And yes, we have a public wiki for our game and it's working out extremely well so far for helping us to maintain a common content portal.

Allacrost Development Wiki

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

This is what I'm hoping to do for my new project, get a wiki set up so people can see how it's going and the ideas.

Sounds good, as long as you monitor the modifications it will be great.
[email=wastedhours@gmail.com]-steve[/email]_______________________Freelance Game Journalist / Designer / Occasional Game Developer[GamingHours.com] [RandomlyAccessed]
like this ?
Definitely a good idea. Having a wiki around makes adding new ideas so much easier. No need of having to fire up an HTML editor.. just "Edit this page" and be done.
Even when I'm the sole user of my wiki, I find it much more productive than other communication forms.
However, with larger projects, as time passes by, Wiki's often become an unmaintainable mess, and migrating over to another system (say a forum) is hardly possible.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement