Origami Rose Instructions

Started by
54 comments, last by sunandshadow 18 years, 2 months ago
This is basicly a random question, but if you don't mind me asking, how long have you done Origami?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by horserider7616
This is basicly a random question, but if you don't mind me asking, how long have you done Origami?

Er, I assume you mean me? I learned how to make some simple origami things in elementary school, and in high school I discovered there was a more complicated, professional type of origami when I found a pattern for a dragon and spent an hour carefully folding one. I've never spent a lot of time on origami though, it's not one of my major hobbies. The roses are the most complicated and time-consuming origami I've ever done. Instead I mostly write science fiction and fantasy romance, do game design, and draw anime and monster art. I'm also getting fairly good at cooking, now that I have my own apartment and a real kitchen to practice with. And I occasionally do other kinds of art and crafts like sculpture, sewing, painting. Clicky to see some of my art and writing if you're curious.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Excellent! Got one done... grabbing the pictures now [grin].

Looks awesome - thanks s/s!!! [wink]

Now to make a couple more tomorrow... I think they'll go a lot faster, at least. But the floral tape sucks [lol]. It only sticks to itself and your fingers...
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.

[Edited by - Avatar God on February 13, 2006 5:41:28 PM]
This looks nice!

Saved this post to my HD :)
Wow great pics AG! If I have time later today I'll attempt to cut them up, number them, and stick them into the instructions at appropriate places. Really I should probably make a webpage out of the instructions, but then I would have to figure out where to host it and how to get taffic to it...

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Sigh so close. I'm completely lost on step 7 of the calyx. I have absolutely no idea which edge is the top edge or which side is the short side. And Avatar's pics don't help (the jump is to abrupt).

Is all that stuff about making a pocket just reversing the fold up the center of the flap? That's the only thing I can do that seems close. But if so I have no clue how to go from there to a diamond that isn't just folding the flap down back to where we were in step 5.

Any tips?
-Mike
Ooh, I'm making another calyx right now. I'll take more complete pictures!

Yeah, it's almost impossible to fold and photo this part at the same time - just not enough hands.

[Edited by - Avatar God on February 13, 2006 4:51:01 PM]
Ok thanks that helped a lot. I don't think I could ever have gotten it with just the instructions.

I still don't understand the part of the instructions where Sun is talking about at the end of step 7 we're back at a diamond shape. I have nothing vaguely resembling a diamond after I'm done pulling down each flap. The end result looks pretty close to the pictures though so I'm going to call it good enough.

Now I just need to find some origami paper before tomorrow morning :). I checked a craft store but the only paper they had was card stock that was to heavy.
-Mike

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement