"Recent Threads" problem [Title Corrected]

Started by
11 comments, last by InsaneBoarder234 18 years, 2 months ago
The little "recent thread" part of the intropage is buggy. When I put my cursor above one of the links, a pop-up appears. But if this window appears below my cursor it flickers. Something like this might be happening: - Cursor over Link - Show Window (Below Cursor in particular cases) - The cursor is no more over the link (it is over the tooltip window) - Hide tooltip - and back to the first step Be noticed.. I hope you fix that [Edited by - arithma on February 16, 2006 2:39:19 PM]
[ my blog ]
Advertisement
Do you mean the page you get after you click the button for "New Thread!" or something else? I'm not sure what you mean by intropage.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Woops!
Extremely sorry.
Instead of New Threads I meant the "Recent Threads" section in the main page of the site.
[ my blog ]
Huh. Where does the window appear? I can't get it to appear under the cursor, since it always appears to the left of the links.
Hrm, I can't replicate the problem either. What browser(and version) are you using?

- Jason Astle-Adams

Are you saying it flickers if you float your mouse over several recent threads? Because that will make it flicker, but understandably so.
For me (IE "6.0.290.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519" at res 1152 x 864), the popup appears with it's right edge aligned with the left edge of the 'T' in "Threads". Thus, when mousing over the left edge of one of the "Recent Threads" links, it will flicker each time the mouse moves because it hides the popup (since the cursor is over the popup and not the link) and then shows it again (since the popup is gone, the cursor is over the link again).

Also, the "Recent Thread" header is not as wide as the body part that contains the links:
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Quote:Original post by Extrarius
For me (IE "6.0.290.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519" at res 1152 x 864), the popup appears with it's right edge aligned with the left edge of the 'T' in "Threads". Thus, when mousing over the left edge of one of the "Recent Threads" links, it will flicker each time the mouse moves because it hides the popup (since the cursor is over the popup and not the link) and then shows it again (since the popup is gone, the cursor is over the link again).

Also, the "Recent Thread" header is not as wide as the body part that contains the links:

Yeah, exactly..
Oh, wow. Mine shows up well below and to the left of the entire box, actually. As a result, there is no opportunity to flicker.

Well, it did the other day. Now it works!
This behaviour seems a bit random, unless you guys have been tweaking the code or something..

I do remember the pop up box appearing to the left of the "Recent Threads" at some point but I've noticed that it is now appearing aligned with the T as shown above. Yesterday when the box was appearing under my cursor, the box would stay there until I moved my mouse and then it would disappear but today when I hold my mouse over a link in the recent threads box and my mouse is to the left of the T, the box doesn't appear and my mouse cursor flickers like crazy between an arrow and a hand.

I'm using Internet Explorer 6, fully patched and service packed etc.
Progress is born from the opportunity to make mistakes.

My prize winning Connect 4 AI looks one move ahead, can you beat it? @nickstadb

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement