3d animation

Started by
1 comment, last by Fenryl 18 years, 2 months ago
hey I wanted to make a simple cut scene for a game in 3d I have milkshake at the moment but am still learning how to use it. Basically what I want to know is what is a good program to use. My friend recomended Maya but it would be awhile before i can afford that so maybe something cheaper for now as practice what do you think?
Advertisement
Try Blender, it's free. The user interface isn't what I would call noobie-friendly, but just work through the tutorials and you'll find that it is quite feature rich.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
Blender is indeed the best modeler you can get for free in my opinion (just look at some movies on Blender3d.org), it can do everything a commercial 3D package like 3D Studio Max or Maya can with a little bit extra effort.

The Blender interface can be very intimidating, but you will love it ones you'll get the hang of it. Just take a little hour for this, I recommend reading this (link to PDF - 11mb)

After you have learned the interface, you schould take a look at this guide.
And ofcourse, other nice tutorials can be found at the offical Blender webpage, and if you have any questions, you can ask them on Elysiun forums.

-Fenryl

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement