[MDX] Direct3D Distribution

Started by
1 comment, last by phb5000 18 years, 2 months ago
Please help! Im struggling with a stupid problem with Direct3D (Managed Code) If I write a simple application using three of the directx references (DirectX, Direct3D, and Direct3DX), and i call anything from the Direct3D reference my application throws a: "The specific module could not be found 0x8007007E" error. However, this is not happening on my computer, but on a friends computer, when he attempts to run the application. I have concluded that it has nothing to do with the application itself, but something to do with the directx installation on my friends computer. I have tried to fix it in every single possible way but it just doesnt want to work. My friend has re-installed the DirectX Redistributable, made sure is graphics card drivers are updated, and made sure he has the latest version of directx installed, but it wont work. Can somebody Please give me a suggestion or any feedback regarding this Extremely annoying problem! Thank you,
Advertisement
Make sure of a couple of things first.
1) Check which version of MDX you are using. The assemblies usually have versioning attached to them. ???.2.0 usually constitutes a version 2.0 assembly which means that you will have to install version 2.0 of the .NET Framework.
2) Check what .NET Framework the computer has installed.
3) Make sure your friend has the Managed DirectX Runtimes installed which is located in the Redist directory.

.NET Framework
DirectX Runtimes

These links contain the latest redistributable versions of the packages mentioned in this post. I am sure if you check these that you will find what has been causing the problem.

I hope this helps.
Take care.
Thank you very much for your fast reply,

It was the DirectX Runtime update that was missing :P

Now everything works perfectly!

Thank you!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement