Language labs

Started by
1 comment, last by Flarelocke 18 years, 1 month ago
Hello everyone, I am trying to find/create a suitable multimedia language lab software. The features that are required for it are: it should support windows, and is used over a LAN network where the teacher pc (the server) can detect which of the student pcs are online and ready, then the teacher can audio contact any student pc or group of student pcs to listen or to chat with them, also their should be the ability to write and send text from the teacher pc to any group of student pcs and the text should show up immediately to the student. I tried my best to find some freeware or shareware application with the required features but without success until, there must be someone who created such an application. My other option is to create one myself, however given the little time I have (less than a month) doing so may not be a good idea if there is already some application that does exactly what I need, even if the application was incomplete I would gladly complete it myself (provided that it is open source). And if I did not find any suitable application, what would be the best method to create it? so far I thought of PHP/MySQL/&#106avascript using DirectMedia to do audio operations or maybe an external audio server, any other opinions about other fast methods? Please help me. (Sorry for my horrible english.) - (I may not be able to reply to any post immediatly since I do not have a permenant internet connection)
------------------------
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by SAL1
(Sorry for my horrible english.)

if that's horrible english, i should be excommunicated for mine.

Quote:Original post by SAL1

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find/create a suitable multimedia language lab software.
The features that are required for it are: it should support windows, and is used over a LAN network where the teacher pc (the server) can detect which of the student pcs are online and ready, then the teacher can audio contact any student pc or group of student pcs to listen or to chat with them, also their should be the ability to write and send text from the teacher pc to any group of student pcs and the text should show up immediately to the student.
Would a jabber client be enough? That certainly has presence and messaging. I think there's multiuser chat and voice messaging available in something or other. Try Gaim.

(Sorry for my horrible english.) - (I may not be able to reply to any post immediatly since I do not have a permenant internet connection)

There were no spelling or grammar errors in your post that native speakers do not also make.
---New infokeeps brain running;must gas up!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement