Sign in to follow this  
rabbitlzx

about an amazing screensaver of goldfish

Do you konw the screensaver named GoldFish Aquarium? here is the website from where you could download it http://download.lifeglobe.com/download/GoldFishAquarium/V2/Windows/GoldfishAquarium-V2.exe I extrac a fishmodel file(.x file) by some software, and I didn't find any animation in it. The model contains 2344 faces and 1335 vertices, and it run very fluently on my computer(integrated display card). I think the moving of goldfish maybe is controled by program, but how does this come true? Thank you for your help!

Guest Anonymous Poster
[quote]Original post by rabbitlzx
I think the moving of goldfish maybe is controled by program, but how does this come true?
quote]

maybe your extration program 'lost' the animations
or they could be stored as a fishanimation file separate from the fishmodel file
or the animations might be proceduraly generated from combinations of sine waves
or the animations might be all based on a single bone system animation that gets reapplied and scaled to different fishes

Thank you for your reply!
I did not find any 'bone' in the model file, and I did not find 'fishanimation file ' after it installed on my computer(I use the software InstallWatch to monitor its installation). I extract a txt file associate with the .x file, its content is:

PA-RND 0 500 1000 -RND 1 0 >0 犹
COLLISION 0.0 0.0 0.25 1.0

It seems to be some parameters.
I also think the animations might be proceduraly generated from combinations of sine waves. But what technique it uses? Maybe GPU? I don't know.

My English is very poor, hehe.