Programing Blast Sound

Started by
2 comments, last by Mad_Koder 18 years, 1 month ago
I am making a shooter game, and the charfacter blasts a blast similiar to the one on megaman x (megamans blast). I want a blast sound like "energy" is being blasted like used in many games and shows. The reason I am asking it in this section is because I am wondering if i can use directsound to make the sound by setting random wavelengths and hope it makes what I want? What would be the easiest way to make a blast sound? Thanks a bunch -Mad_Koder
Dont need one.... i'm so cool, dont ask me just do what you do..... meet me in the trap its going down....
Advertisement
1) you can buy a sound FX pack and play an explosion in directSound/fmod/openal
2) you can record your own explosion FX , "spice it a bit" with sound forge and save in a sound file then use directSound/fmod/openal to play it

fill a wine scak with water, put a microphone (or headphone if thats all u have) by the ground and drop it record the sound, then goto a sound editor slowdown the sound + play around with the effects eg distortion or flange
Thanks, is thier cds for blast like guns like energy blast instead of more like rifles pistols etc or explosions? Do you mean wine sack, I want it to sound like a blast like for example the Spirit Gun on Yu Yu Hakusho, would it work with the water?
Dont need one.... i'm so cool, dont ask me just do what you do..... meet me in the trap its going down....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement