Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PrinceofZ

LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: (newbie)

PrinceofZ    122
it does exist in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib...so what could be the problem?(i wrote the lib file under linker now, but it doesn''t work either) any sugestions?

(sorry for my english but i''m a german )

PrinceofZ    122
I installed visual C++ 6 again and just tried to compile nehe''s first tutorial, but there is still this(german)errormessage:--------------------Konfiguration: A - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linker-Vorgang läuft...
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol _main
Debug/A.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unaufgeloeste externe Verweise
Fehler beim Ausführen von link.exe.

I made no changings anywhere except for including opengl32.lib, glu32.lib and glaux.lib in linker...so what could it be?

zedzeek    528
try someit simple like a demo of my site (make file for vc6 is included thus it should compile and run no probs)
i see u have a german version of vc (didnt know these existed!)
this could be causing the problems

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux

PrinceofZ    122
Only parts of the documentation is german and interface, nothing is changed with the syntax, and i allready compiled the Nehe tutorials, i just included glaux.lib, glu32.lib and opengl.32.lib
but it doesn''t work anymore, i reinstalled VC++ again, but nothing changed... i could format the PC, but it''s not mine and i can''t backup all the files i would like to keep

Incommunicado    126
The linker said that _main is a "nichtaufgelöstes externes symbol". This is the definite hint that a _main function is missing. And since _main is for i.e. DOS and WinMain is for Windows i suspect that your project is not a win32 executable but dos exec.
So maybe it helps to create a new WIN32 project and try it out again.

Incommunicado