Line Numbers in VC IDE

Started by
5 comments, last by Evil Steve 18 years ago
Is there any way through which I can have line numbers in VC 6.0 IDE along with my code?
Advertisement
Yeah, there is an option somehere but I can't remember exactly where.
In VS2005 it's: Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> C++ (or whatever language you are using) -> General -> LineNumbers

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

I didn't find any such option in VC6.0
Quote:Original post by TEUTON
I didn't find any such option in VC6.0
As far as I know, you can't in VC 6. Why on earth are you using it anyway? It's over 8 years old. Why not get a compiler from this century, like VC2005?
Visul Studio 2005 Express, it's free!

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

Yeah, definately go for 2005 express. I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago, and while it takes some getting used to, it is better.

I suddenly found that I was getting compiler errors on code that had previously worked properly. As I went through it I found that it was all code that hadn't properly conformed to the C++ standard, code that VC++ 6 had just accepted, or in some cases forced me to use the broken version. Everything was fixed for the better.

But:: I just uninstalled VC++ 6 (don't know why I did it after I installed 2005 express instead of before), but I just lost all the file associations for my source code (cpp, header) files. So, I have to try and get that back.
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper
One small thing that annoys me about VC2005 Express is that there's no resource editor. So I have VC2003 installed on a seperate machine for doing any resource editing. Which is a bit of a pain...

I've used VC6, VC2003 and VC2005 Express. There's a big difference between VC6 and either of the other two, in standards compliance, performance and stability.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement