Ageia's PhysX license ?

Started by
12 comments, last by slvmnd 16 years, 11 months ago
Does anyone know what their license info is regarding non-commercial projects ? Their homepage has no info about that, I tried emailing them but got no response. Wasn't it Ageia that released novodex free of charge for non-commercial use ? I was wondering if they were following the same suit with PhysX [Edited by - M__N__M on March 30, 2006 3:56:56 PM]
Serious Game Project: Midnight ManhattanTeam Website | Game Website | Screenshots Gallery | Game OverviewPositions Needed: Animators/Rigger | Texture/enviroment Artist | Character Modeller Recruitment Topic(more info) | Apply form | Email Contact: info.at.blueprintgames.com
Advertisement
i am not sure.
$50.000,-
can you tell me where you got that info ? anyone else ?
Serious Game Project: Midnight ManhattanTeam Website | Game Website | Screenshots Gallery | Game OverviewPositions Needed: Animators/Rigger | Texture/enviroment Artist | Character Modeller Recruitment Topic(more info) | Apply form | Email Contact: info.at.blueprintgames.com
I believe you only need the license for commercial products.
-----------------------------------Indium Studios, Inc.
Novodex IS PhysX, and it's free for non-commercial purposes. Licensing for commercial projects is not announced...but from talking to the people I know in the industry, it sounds like they are giving away the SDK and PPU cards to anyone and everyone.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
From what I heard, it's $50,000, but I think it also goes a bit more if you're a bit bigger in capital.
We should do this the Microsoft way: "WAHOOOO!!! IT COMPILES! SHIP IT!"
i found this at http://www.ageia.com

Non-commercial developers can feel free to use the SDK and the resources available on the Support Site. While we will make every effort to propagate information gleaned while supporting our registered commercial game developers, we will only be able to occasionally provide direct support to others through the Public Forum. Our hope is that the community and the information we make available will reach the critical mass required to provide a significant amount of non-direct support.

Quote:Original post by Promit
Novodex IS PhysX, and it's free for non-commercial purposes.

Thats what I originally thought, but upon investigation (googling) I found several sources that indicated novodex was owned by an independant company. And on thier page there was no mention of Ageia or PhysX. Ironically now I can't find any of these sources and the novodex page now redirects to the Ageia homepage :/. This is wierd.

Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
i found this at http://www.ageia.com

Non-commercial developers can feel free to use the SDK and the resources available on the Support Site. While we will make every effort to propagate information gleaned while supporting our registered commercial game developers, we will only be able to occasionally provide direct support to others through the Public Forum. Our hope is that the community and the information we make available will reach the critical mass required to provide a significant amount of non-direct support.

where is that ? I've looked all over their page.
Please post a link to the so called "Public Forums", since I could not find them anywhere.
You may find this usefull.

How do I become a licensed developer and what are the licensing terms?"

Quote:
Please post a link to the so called "Public Forums", since I could not find them anywhere.

Here is a link to their support site: Ageia Support Center

In case to have access to their support forum, you need to register, which (as they say) normally takes 2-3 days.

HellRaiZer

EDIT : Fixed the first link
HellRaiZer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement