3ds max lights and materials to Fixed Function

Started by
1 comment, last by ex9 18 years, 1 month ago
Can anyone point me to piece of code where can I see how to set up lights attenuation and material specular power. I just want to see EXACTLY the same image as in 3dmax window. thx
Advertisement
Quote:Can anyone point me to piece of code
Any particular language? Regular visitors to this forum use several different languages - if you're not specific then you probably won't get much back [wink]

Quote:where can I see how to set up lights attenuation and material specular power.
Have you looked in the SDK help files and programming guide? If you really have to stick to the fixed-function then resources might be hard to find - at least up-to-date ones anyway. Most people are using shaders for this job now, so much of the available information isn't applicable to fixed-function...

Quote:I just want to see EXACTLY the same image as in 3dmax window.

You're out of luck for fixed-function if you want exactly the same results. Sorry!

You might be able to get close to the 3DSMax editing viewports, the low-res shading and highlights stuff - but the final image is still going to be tricky even with high-end programmable shaders.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Well I need only a formula so can be in any language.

I'm just writing an importer so I haven't SDK.
Autodesk Sparks looks dead for me... tried other sources
with no luck.

Quote:
You might be able to get close to the 3DSMax editing viewports, the low-res shading and highlights stuff - but the final image is still going to be tricky even with high-end programmable shader.

I'm using standard materials, lights, cameras, maps everything is ordinary.
The view port use DirectX FF so what's the point? Where is the problem?
If Max can convert to FF, I want also;)

If You can show me some shaders with that functionality I will be
gratefull because I look for them also.

thx for replay:)

!FIXED FUNCTION IS NOT DEAD!
...yet;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement