Wich model to use for amateur game ?

Started by
2 comments, last by artoisval 18 years ago
Hello all;-) Im currently devlopping a game engine in c++, so far I have a fully playable rpg game : Can walk around the map, attack and be attacked by npc. Loot the freshly killed npc, and sell and buy items from vendors. the camera work perfectly, and more. I always focused my work on the game part of the game. But right now Im concidering using another 3d model for it. I currently using Quake 2 (md2) model. since they are outdated and dont look great with today standard, I was wondering if anyone have a suggestion to chose a new one. Since my game (if released someday) will be open source and it is a personnal project, I will prefer some open format, it should also be easy to implement/understant and have good editing tool. I used OpenGl and Sdl, and Im currently devlopping it all in c++. Thx for your sug.
Advertisement
What about MD3?
I use them as they're almost the same as MD2, and do everything I need them to.
.x is easy to load into OpenGL, but I dont know about doing everything without an api.

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

Hi, do you know a good tutorial/exemple for md3 ? gamestutorial.com is no longer free ;-(

Thx !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement