A OpenGL ScreenSaver : Cosmic Fountain

Started by
7 comments, last by Sr_Guapo 18 years ago
This is screensaver version of my new demo CosmicFountain. It requires ur graphics card to support GL_POINT_ARB_PARAMETERS. It simulates a fountain in space. plz give some feedback. Link : http://forum.vovoid.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84&d=1143108483 for any suggestions and doubts, mail me at : srinivascse@yahoo.com, mail2srinu84@yahoo.com
Advertisement
Hey srinu,

My card does support the aforementioned extension, but I get no fountain...occasionally I can see some VERY tiny particles where a fountain might be (center of the plane), but nothing more than that. Sorry!

Hope that helps,
Aviosity

NOTE: Just a friendly tip, but something like this probably belongs in "Your Announcements". Normally you'll want to be asking a question or help with a problem in the OpenGL forum :).
All I can see is a purple floor and a few pixel sized particles.

Edit: I'm using a 6600gt. Is that an ATI specific extension?

[Edited by - Sr_Guapo on April 18, 2006 1:39:16 PM]
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
I see the hearts, and it spans both of my displays properly

FireGL T2 / Catalyst 5.10
I set the clouds in motion, turn up light and sound...Activate the window, and watch the world go 'round
hello everyone,
srinu here........... i use a ATI FireGL V 3100 graphics card. i got similar responses from my friends also. most of them can only see small particles but actually particles are of heart shaped.

will the problem be solved if i use QUADS instead of GL_ARB_POINT_PARAMETERS.

plz help me out in fixing this bug. i am ready to share the source code.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinu
I have the exact same results as Sr_Guapo. Geforce Go 6600. and sure, go ahead and paste the relevant source code

cheers
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
Geforce 7800, only shows up as colored dots.
No idea on the fix :(
A FireGL probably has far more attention paid to the point sprites implementation than on the regular consumer cards. So yeah, you might want to consider quads instead.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I just tested it out on my laptop with a mobility FireGL V3200. As expected, everyhting is functioning perfectly. From the data in this thread, it appears that this extension is only supported on ATi cards or workstation cards. Textured quads would probably be the best choice.
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement