Movment issues.

Started by
7 comments, last by Mishki 18 years ago
Well now that im through my loading issue i need help on a new problem. so when i load up a new map (when the character enters the house) my chracter starts to walk backwards and wont stop unless i hol dow the key that points the same direction as my character so yeah... i working in visiual basic 6.0 and im going to replace the download on my website to the new one with an executable file so plz plz try and help. ps my web site is http://www.geocities.com/mishki221/ [Edited by - Mishki on April 18, 2006 9:40:06 PM]
Advertisement
can you post some code that deals with your movement part of the loop?

When I run it on my computer, everything works fine...
It loads and the character is standing still, then acts accordingly to my key presses.
But I do get a runtime error when I exit...

"Run-time error '-2005530516 (8876086c)'"
Automation error
~Mark Schadler
Quote:Original post by Stiffler
When I run it on my computer, everything works fine...
It loads and the character is standing still, then acts accordingly to my key presses.
But I do get a runtime error when I exit...

"Run-time error '-2005530516 (8876086c)'"
Automation error

yeah sorry forgot to tell ya but u need to move into the house sprite then you will get the issue... sorry
Quote:Original post by SelethD
can you post some code that deals with your movement part of the loop?

im not quite sure what code deals with the issue because im not sure if it is part of the Tile Scrolling Code, Sprite Animations or something else. this is partially because i learned how some parts of the code for an RPG work and i coppied and pasted the code from the (quite unfinished) RPG the book taught me to make and i tweeked it but the book was made to work with one HUGE map so im having to figure all this stuff out but ill look over my code some and try to figure out what the deal is. but i printed it out and it took like 30 pages of paper to print it and id say like 10-15 of the pages deal with movement in different ways.

sorry for bad grammer and spelling.
Ah, just leave it like that... looks kind of cool, like the dude's moonwalking...

Seriously though, if you don't post some code, even just a few functions where you think the problem might lie, I highly doubt anyone will be able to help you; we're not psychic, and we don't know how your code actually works. You gotta give us something to look at besides your executable.

On another note, if even you don't know what some of your code does, then that's a problem; sample code in books is meant for you to learn from, not copy. If you just copy/paste code from places, without understanding what it actually does and how it functions, you'll be in trouble as soon as you want to change/modify it in any way.
yeah i know that about the code in books... i read it all i just didnt type the code i did go over it though but i think im conna copy the moduels into txt files and put them in a seperate download so that you can see all the code becasue im completly stumped as to why it suddenly freaks out.
Alright the code is in Notepad documents availible for download at my website at http://www.geocities.com/mishki221/... yeah and i assume somewhere a variable got messed up but not quite sure but thats my best guess.
ok i got it to work. i just have to make the functions, subs, and constants more persionalized for each map.
sorry for the trouble and tell me if u see a way to make it better.

thx for the help

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement