My Future

Started by
1 comment, last by Sol462 18 years ago
Some friends and I are big in becoming game creators when we grow up. The only problem is they are all going to take college classes and make it their major, but I am not. I want to major in bussiness and start a company with them, but I want to still learn and make games myself. Most likely I will take classes here, but I don't know what to take. Are biggest dream is to make a virtual reality future bases game. Where you can do what you want and it's all in the future. Which classes should I take. I have no experience in anything in this field, but i want it to be my minor.
Avneet
Advertisement
Well if you want you could double major computer science and business. Technology and business are inseperable in today's world.

Hell there was a study (which I wish I had a link of) where they followed people that graduated with degrees in both business and computer science in 2001. The average salary was pushing $200,000, and the lowest was $140,000.

March 2001 was when the .com bust happened and is considered the worst time for IT professionals.

Learn to make games with my SDL 2 Tutorials

If business is your thing than you'd be pretty valuable to your team. Getting the business side taken care of is pretty hard for a budding company, but if you're already there, that's one less thing that needs to be done.
I'm trying not to make gamedev my major when I go to college, but that's because I'm trying to be well-rounded in case I decide to go into computer forensics(sp?) or something.
____________________________________Spazuh- Because I've had too much coffee

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement