Noob

Started by
7 comments, last by superpig 18 years ago
What programs do you need to create programs?
Advertisement
seriously, stop cross-posting.
and try to put all of your questions into one long thread, instead of posting every 5 minutes.
For example, let's start with this thread.
This is the last thread for today for you, so let's not make any more threads.

To Answer your question, you need to use a programming language in order to create a program. the most popular language today is C++. In order to build a program with C++, you need to first get a compiler.

There are many compilers.
but I think VS2005 Express may be best for you.
though I like the Borland 5.5 better.
But this is the compiler that I am currently using gcc

Ask me any more questions that you have, and I'll try my best to make you understand, if I can answer it. :)
lol
Let me be the first of many to tell you that C++ is not and never was designed to be a beginner language. My reccomondation would be to pick up QBasic if you want an easy intro to the basics of languages. While it has it's own problems, nobody can deny that Basic is simpler for a beginner than C++ and while some people do learn with C++ it may be a bit much to bite off.

Here is a link to a page that I have not reviewed the contents of and can not be held accountable for: one of the first results google brings up for "qbasic compiler" for all I know there are fluffy ducks and feathers located there.

Also, wikipedia on it there are links to tutorials to get you started at the bottom if you want to walk this path.
_______________________"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
I guess so. But nobody is mandated to use all that C++ has to offer.
you can start slow and just do programming flow and arrays, and using functions wisely.

but people tell me that BASIC is the easiest to learn :)
Can you be more speific in your question? Do you want to learn how to program or quickly create one with a point and click interface?

If you would like to learn how to program then Pascal is a good beginners language. Then you can easily move on to C or C++ after you have mastered the basics.

Pascal Tutorials

Want to quickly produce a game? Games Factory, Click and Play, RPG Maker are only a few of what is available.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

Python is also a good language to look at.

Or, if you aren't interested in programming at all it can be done with gamemaker type programs.
_______________________"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
Use FreeBASIC. It is like QBasic but runs on win32, linux and Mac. You can also use C libraries with it.
Quote:Original post by Tradone
seriously, stop cross-posting.
and try to put all of your questions into one long thread, instead of posting every 5 minutes.
For example, let's start with this thread.
This is the last thread for today for you, so let's not make any more threads.

Yeah, I'll add to that. EmperorMike, if I see you posting more threads like this, you'll be banned. You've been doing this since January and it's beyond a joke now.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement