Expected unqualified-id in standard headers.

Started by
0 comments, last by Verg 17 years, 11 months ago
Well, I seem to have hit a bit of a problem. After making major structrual and design changes to some GUI code, it no longer properly compiles. I continually get the expected unqualified-id error. While normally this would be no problem, the error has been popping up in standard headers, such as assert, fstream, etc. To the best of my knowledge, in theory, header order for standard headers shouldn't matter, but in practice, it does, and I need to reorder them, however, I can't seem to find an order in which I don't get the error in any standard header. Fixing it for one causes it to pop up in another. I have gone through the code to try to come up with a list by which headers are called (duplicates not included), hopefully someone here can tell me a proper way to order them so this error will cease. Thank you.
#include <allegro.h>
#include <alleggl.h>
#include <GL/glu.h>
#include <vector>
#include "MathUtils.h"
 - #include <cmath>
 - #include <cstdlib>
 - #include <iostream>
#include "XMLUtils.h"
 - #include "tinyxml.h"
   - #include <cctype>
   - #include <cstdio>
   - #include <cstdlib>
   - #include <cstring>
   - #include <cassert>
   - #include <string>
   - #include <iostream>
 - #include "GenUtils.h"
   - #include <sstream>
   - #include <fstream>
Also, with this current orientation, it is cassert which is causing problems.
- relpats_eht
Advertisement
Are you using VC++ 7.1 or better, perchance?

In your project settings, under Advanced, choose "Show Includes"... and the filenames will output in the order they are included in the Output pane.

Perhaps it is your application code that re-defines a global operator, or something?

What you describe sounds like what happens if you include Paul Nettle's memory manager BEFORE (specifically) <xdebug>

C
my_life:          nop          jmp my_life
[ Keep track of your TDD cycle using "The Death Star" ] [ Verge Video Editor Support Forums ] [ Principles of Verg-o-nomics ] [ "t00t-orials" ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement