Moussaoui given life in prison.

Started by
55 comments, last by kryat 18 years ago
The verdict is in: life in prison. CNN

---------------------------------darkzim

Advertisement
*predicting 5 page thread to follow*

Your Ad Here- PM me for further information [smile]
Quote:Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
And for once, sanity reigns.

/death penalty for someone who has never killed anyone is fucking retarded.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Quote:
"America, you lost," Moussaoui stated, clapping his hands as he left the courtroom. "I won."

Heh, you say that now...

But wait until your cell mate gets lonely and wants to cuddle...
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
The death penalty isn't just for homocide. The article says that the six counts of conspiracy made him eligible for the death penalty.

Either way, him rotting in a cell for the rest of his life is probably better than making him into a martyr (sp?). He said "I won.", but I'm pretty sure he would have said the same thing if they had decided on the death penalty.

EDIT: @Mithrandir, I think they said he would be sent to max-security solitary-confinement prison. That means no cell-mate. Or any other contact.

---------------------------------darkzim

The only thing I question is what is the definition of 'life sentence' in this matter? I know in many states a life sentence is about 20 years. Is he going to be free oneday to plot and scheme mass destruction again? LOL, oh right that assumes he actually lives through his first week in our penal system, nevermind.
If you mess with the U.S.A., you are going to die or rot in jail!

God Bless America, and kill all those that are anti-American.
God, Guns, Guts and Glory!
Go Bush!
I love Microsoft with all my heart! Resist anything else!
You know what's funny? The guy is a psychofrenic, and has probably nothing to do with the entire 9/11 drama. But, since a part of the Americans wanna see blood, he's the one who's blood has to flow.

Even Al Qaida said he has nothing to do with the attack...

Toolmaker

If I was given the choice of the death penalty of life without possibility of parole in a Federal Supermax Prison, I think I might choose death.

Quote:In Supermax prisons, prisoners are often allowed out of their cells for only an hour a day; often they are kept in solitary confinement. They receive their meals through "food ports" in the doors of their cells. Often they are given nothing to do, no work or assigned activities, except in many Supermax prisons, including the Federal Supermax in Florence, Colorado, the prisoners are allowed to have a television. When Supermax inmates are allowed access to an exercise area, often this is just a small cage, not much different from their cells, in which they are taken to "exercise" alone. Prisoners are under constant surveillance, usually with video cameras. Cell doors are often automated and often opaque, designed to prevent prisoners from seeing outside their cells. Conditions are extremely spartan, with poured concrete furniture the norm. Cell walls, and sometimes plumbing as well, are often soundproofed to prevent communication between the inmates.
Quote:Original post by Character73
If you mess with the US, you are going to die or rot in jail!

Good Bless America, and kill all those that are anti-American.
God, Guns, Guts and Glory!
Go Bush!

Okay, this sounds like an extreme case of sarcasm.

So I assume you completely disagree with his conviction.

But come on; the guy has stated a public and unrelenting desire to make us die, and participated in terrorist planning against us.

How could we possibly NOT lock him up from society? Now he's where he's incapable of doing any harm to us, and we'll be able to learn about what makes a person this batshit crazy, so we can maybe prevent it in the future.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement