RTS

Started by
4 comments, last by TheKnight 17 years, 11 months ago
Could someone make me an RTS for Game Maker 6.1, in which the destroyed unit doesn't disappear, so the other are able to take his weapon, when they go to him. To have fog of war. To select all the units from the same kind when i double click on one of them. To stop selected units when press "S". To order patrol command. I want when I press 2 times "1" I can go to the units which I have marked with 1. To command attack move when I press "A" and klick somewhere with the mouse. To number them like Starcraft and War Craft 3 with Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2 etc. To catch or remove one more unit by clicking on it by holding Shift while i have selected some other units and how to make the unselected units selected by making a square with my mouse.
Advertisement
I think you may have taken a wrong turn. This is not a outsourcing agency.
I can do it to you, if you pay me 50$/hour. And every month's pay in advance.
Somebody probably could. But they probably won't.

If you want your game idea to get made, you'd better be prepared to either pay people a regular salary to develop it, or else do some work yourself.

No one is going to drop everything to make a game for some random internet person based on an extremely vague description which basically consists of one feature of dubious gameplay value, and a whole load of control features that are standard in just about every RTS in existence anyway.

If you're serious about getting this game made, do some work. Learn about what goes into developing a game. Write a proper design document. Discuss the gameplay impact of the features you're planning to add. Create a website. Produce some concept art. Write a background or storyline. Show that you're serious, and you're prepared to do some work. Get people interested in your idea, and it might one day get made.
Sounds to me like Warcraft with loot drops. You could probably mod WC3 to do that in about a week.
While the idea of picking up weapons in an rts is interesting, nobody here will drop their stuff and work with you.

However I am also into creating an RTS, and have been considering using TASpring (Ogre3d team reccomended it) to make it. Maybe we can touch bases and team up, or something.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement