What does this mean? (VB.net)

Started by
14 comments, last by Zyndrof 17 years, 11 months ago
You didn't accidentally make something else named messagebox did you?

What about writing a normal call without variable based parameters above the erroring code as a test?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by ItsDoh
You didn't accidentally make something else named messagebox did you?

What about writing a normal call without variable based parameters above the erroring code as a test?

No, I didn't, I've even double-checked that. The code is copied from a book I'm learning from, which makes it even odder that it doesn't work...
You can use the CType function to cast from integers to the enumeration types.

If you have "Option Strict" on, have you tried to disable it (from project configuration)?

Niko Suni

Quote:Original post by Nik02
If you have "Option Strict" on, have you tried to disable it (from project configuration)?

Could you tell me more about this "Option Strict". What does it do and why should it be disabled?
Option Strict requires that all variables be the exact type requested, without it VB is a little more flexible. For example assigning an Integer to a String is valid without Strict on because VB knows how to convert an integer to a string. With Strict on, that would produce a warning.

Have you tried making just a normal messagebox call without the variables, just a simple line as a test?
Quote:Original post by ItsDoh
Have you tried making just a normal messagebox call without the variables, just a simple line as a test?

No, but I will try it... Then try that Otion thing :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement