[4E5] Screenshots and Art

Started by
351 comments, last by XDigital 17 years, 6 months ago
Latest Screen shot: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za/files/fantasyland2.jpg

Fantasy Land
Advertisement
Shot of in game at the moment - only one player model currently done:

Got flash animation working in game for the menu system last night (click for bigger):

Also, here is a video of going from menu to ingame. Just to show how I've went about using flash to make everything flow more smoothly.

[Edited by - Richy2k on October 1, 2006 6:02:32 AM]
Adventures of a Pro & Hobby Games Programmer - http://neilo-gd.blogspot.com/Twitter - http://twitter.com/neilogd
Damn, I hope you guys are just posing. What I see is marvelous - hats off...

This is my little entry. Sorry, but it seems to become a Diablo clone. Hope I get this dragon flying.

Mesh Generator for random trees and surface (still in Matlab - hope to export the code to the final game, to have a new look each time you start):
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Starting Village where you can trade your loot and buff your character:

The trees, a little lake, some fog and one of my first two weapons:

Parts of the interface (working on the character sheet). Added some more atmosphere...

Added some rain, 5 weapons, character generation and I proudly present, that I have the first music track:

Character generation finished:

[Edited by - XDigital on November 13, 2006 1:05:45 PM]
Here's the modern map of Europe in my game Witch Hunt.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here's another screenshot. It still looks somewhat like my first one from months ago, but now there's a fully playable multiplayer game underneath. You can get in and out of those vehicles, run over other players or shoot at them, and (of course) drive a jeep full of teammates off into the lake.

My 4eV entry: Euro1943

The latest image: Lions of the Atlantic's finished graphics engine. It includes reflections, shadows, etc. It also includes terrain "detail objects" (the mountains), which enhance the appearance of the battle scenes.
I guess I'm looking at nothing but one liscense to FastCap Pro :D, man I gotta learn how to program.

great job guys.
The ships look a little dark to me. Will there be day/night scenes or is that your global lighting? The ships might just be hard to see is what I'm worried about. Engine looks good though! Far more than I could possibly write.
That is the lighting at sunset. (Night scene)

Daytime battles look more like this:

(this is an older screenshot; it does not include shading or shadows)
I love how your game has been progressing, omicron. Its been a pleasure to watch it grow :) I noticed one little detail in your shots that you might consider. Normally speaking, naval distances (and thus, speeds) are measured in Nautical Miles, knots (for the speed). Simply a display semantic that I'd suggest. Great work!
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement