Accessing individual pixels of texture

Started by
2 comments, last by Yashin 17 years, 11 months ago
Hello everyone. I've modeled something in opengl. I have also applied textures. It is very important for me to access the matrix of my loaded texture, but i can't figure out how to do it using the codes that i used in my project(which i got from NeHe) Here is the code, i need to access the texture 'matrix' somewhere, please help AUX_RGBImageRec *LoadBMP(char *Filename){ FILE *File=NULL; // File Handle if (!Filename) // Make Sure A Filename Was Given { return NULL; // If Not Return NULL } File=fopen(Filename,"r"); // Check To See If The File Exists if (File) // Does The File Exist? { fclose(File); // Close The Handle return auxDIBImageLoad(Filename); // Load The Bitmap And Return A Pointer } return NULL; // If Load Failed Return NULL } BOOL LoadGLTexture(GLuint *texPntr, char* name) { BOOL success = FALSE; AUX_RGBImageRec *TextureImage = NULL; glGenTextures(1, texPntr); // Generate 1 texture FILE* test=NULL; TextureImage = NULL; test = fopen(name, "r"); // test to see if the file exists if (test != NULL) { // if it does fclose(test); // close the file TextureImage = auxDIBImageLoad(name); } if (TextureImage != NULL) { // if it loaded success = TRUE; // Typical Texture Generation Using Data From The Bitmap glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, *texPntr); glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 3, TextureImage->sizeX, TextureImage->sizeY, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, TextureImage->data); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR); } if (TextureImage->data) free(TextureImage->data); return success; }
Advertisement
TextureImage->data should be a pointer to your texture. Then you can acces
to a pixel calculating the position of the pixel in the array of pixels.

TextureImage->data[0] (Component R of the first pixel)
TextureImage->data[1] (Component G of the first pixel)
TextureImage->data[2] (Component B of the first pixel)

TextureImage->data[3] (Component R of the second pixel)
TextureImage->data[4] (Component G of the second pixel)
TextureImage->data[5] (Component B of the second pixel)

Well, i said you have to calculate because the texture really its a matrix
of pixels.
So TextureImage->data[0] is the R component of pixel [0][0] of the matrix

TextureImage->data[3] is the R component of pixel [0][1] of the matrix

TextureImage->data[TextureImage->sizeX*3] is the R component of pixel [1][0]

TextureImage->data[TextureImage->sizeX*3+1] is the R component of pixel [1][1]

I hope i'm not wrong and this can help you
Sorry, when i said

TextureImage->data[TextureImage->sizeX*3+1] is the R component of pixel [1][1]

should say

TextureImage->data[(TextureImage->sizeX+1)*3] is the R component of pixel [1][1]

Thanks a lot and i'll try it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement