Sports Text Sim

Started by
1 comment, last by OU2000 23 years, 2 months ago
I am planning a text sports sim and was wondering what language I should use, VB or VC++ I know both, good. And I am really interested on getting things done fast and efficient. I need something that can simulate 114 games and generate realistic stats for these games in about 1/2 to 1 second. I also need to programm very good AI. I think I am leaning towards C++ but if VB could do these things just as fast I would gladly switch over due to faster development time. I need an answer real soon so I can know which to upgrade, I have very old versions of both. Thanks in advance...
Advertisement
AI is probably the worst task to put VB up to. I''m sure it could be done in VB, and I sure it can be done faster in VC.

Depending on how involved you waht the simulation to be, you could very well be able to make a VB program run it in a second. So, what did you have in mind for the simulation?

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- The disgruntled & disillusioned
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
I don''t know much about VB, but I did a basic baseball sim in C++ that was able to do about 5,400 games per second, so speed shouldn''t be a problem in C++. Of course it matters how indepth you want your game to be, because if you are implementing some advanced AI, you won''t get speeds near that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement