[SDL] Midi music and rwops

Started by
1 comment, last by Replicon 17 years, 10 months ago
I was looking through some of the various SDL header files, to check if some of the functions support RWOPS (instead of the old fashioned 'filename' interface). Looks like IMG_Load_RW and Mix_LoadWAV_RW both exist. However, I'm a little skeptical about Mix_LoadMUS_RW. It's there, but surrounded by "#ifdef USE_RWOPS", with a comment saying it hasn't been hooked into music.c yet. ...but then again, the comment is from April 2000, and I figure 6 years ought to be enough time to get it done. Does anyone know the status of this? I'll have to try it out when I get to that point. Maybe sending a USE_RWOPS as a makefile parameter will make it work, but then, maybe it will completely bork. Does anyone know the status of this?
Advertisement
I don't see that define in sdl_mixer 1.2.7, which version are you using? Looking at music.c apparently Mix_LoadMUS_RW can load midi via timidity or win32 midi functions.
Hmm, according to packages.debian.org, I'm looking at version 1.2.6-1. That's what comes with the stable release, but I guess I can build a later release and link that instead (as long as there are no serious restrictions about which version of SDL to use - my libsdl1.2-dev is listed as 1.2.7+1.2.8cvs20041007-4.1).

Grr, I'll also have to check my windows version.

cheers!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement