A question to the pros about a bachelors or a masters

Started by
9 comments, last by Tom Sloper 17 years, 10 months ago
Anonymous wrote (addressed to me):

>Your site says that a good designer should have a broad college education, with subjects in a variety of subjects such as mythology, screenwriting, etc. Many posts on gamedev seem to advocate removing 'irrelevant' information from resumes, whilst your site suggests that almost everything is relevant to a designer.

There is no discrepancy here.

>Should I be listing my university subjects on my resume

NO. Read up on resumes - no resume guide says to list the names of classes you took.

>For my employment history, should I only list game-related jobs, or will other jobs and skills add depth to my resume?

Wrong. You must list all work experience.

>How long should my resume be? As someone with very little commercial experience so far

One page, in your case.

>I feel that I need to give employers as much insight as possible into what I HAVE done, which is mainly education so far.

Your feelings should not be trusted. Get facts. If you never got paid to do work for anyone, make a one-page resume about your education. Write a cover letter that describes your talents and shows your writing skill (and gives your real name and contact information). Include a portfolio or demo disc.

Good luck
Tom

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement