[web] Website Design $$$ question

Started by
10 comments, last by eedok 17 years, 10 months ago
Hey everyone, This isn't technically game related, but I figure that this is just as good a place as any to ask the question... I am wondering about how much to offer web developers to help me create a site. I am working on a website and will be looking for someone with an eye for aesthetics to do the design for me. The design should be extremely simple, and they won't even be implementing it -- just giving me CSS files and a template, which I can use to implement the design. Basically, what I am looking for is a page layout with an area for "content," which I would put in myself, and then a bunch of CSS things for tables, lists, et cetera, so that my page isn't filled with programmer art. I also need my logo design and a few other icons put into a nice, crisp image format by someone who has a better product than MSPAINT. What price range do you guys think I am looking at? I hate a friend who had a much, much more complicated site developed for him for only $150...but that seems far too low, and was probably done by a personal friend of his. If I am looking for really quality work, what price range am I looking at? To me, it seems like $300 would be plenty for a job of this magnitude. Am I about right? Thanks
Advertisement
I hate bumping, but I really need an answer to this. Sorry =\
Ah, that was me. Sorry.

Even if you have 0 experience, how much would you think you would want for a job like this? How much do you think you would pay?
Well, I found buying a web design to be very expencive. I have seen them in catagories from 50 to even 700 euros.
But in you case simple, and only the design and noting else, I would say around the 100 euros, 75 to 125.

GBS
GBS
Another quotes from anyone? I could really use some help here...I don't want to end up overpaying -- or underpaying and expecting too much.
Thanks.
I know around here, the amount is based on the estimated number of hours needed to complete the project. Now with that in mind I have heard anywhere from 50-325USD per hour. What kind of site are you looking for?
If you missed a great moment in history don't worry, it'll repeat itself.
I am looking for a very simple, two or three tone color site with a simple layout -- just one graphic up top with a side bar. What I really need is someone who can do quite a bit of CSS work and just set me up with some cool looking tables, rows, column colors, et cetera.
Check out Open Source Web Design. You can download and use website templates that users of the community have created free of charge.
For something like that, $300 would be plenty - probably a little higher than most would pay. I would consider $150 to be the low end of the pay scale for decent work. Anywhere between the two would be accceptable.

Now, you could do it on an hourly rate, but that's probably worse for everyone involved.

Quote:50-325USD per hour
That top end number is insane - Certainly for something like this, anyway. 50-75 is even a bit high, but not unreasonably so (again, for this type of work).
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
look into xoops or some other premade php package. in a day you can have a pretty good website with downloads, news, RSS, forms, and everything you would expect in a website. most host have php and mysql support anyway so its not to hard to do and it costs nothing. its not even a hassle to install.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement