Generating continuous texture coordinates

Started by
1 comment, last by superpig 17 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I am thinking about writing my own LSystem plant generator. As for trees I wonder how to generate continuos texture coordinates so there are no seems between the branches and the stam. The bark texture shall be seamless as a precondition of course Any idea?
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html
Advertisement
Uuummm I'm unsure about how you're going to do an L-System (interesting read, thanks for turning me on to this! Have you seen Planta?)

My guess is:
How you derive the texture coordinates is entirely dependant on however you generate the mesh. If, for example, you have one trunk that has one branch split off of it, then the V coordinate of the UV is the scaled down ratio of where the branch is on the trunk. U would similarly depend on the branch's position in relation to it's intersection with the trunk.
Well, the obvious continuous space would be the xyz positions of your vertices - no seams, guaranteed.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement