Changing font size in Irrlicht

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 9 months ago
I started using Irrlicht recently, because managing my own piss-poor renderer was just taking time away from actually developing a game. However, I have had a few problems. Most recently, I added the HUD to my game, but I can't figure out how to draw text of different sizes. I'm using the IGUIFont::draw() method. For instance, let's say I want the title of a particular screen at the top in big, bold letters. I don't want to use a pre-rendered image, because I want to generate the text pseudo-dynamically. So, basically, how do I change the font size in Irrlicht? I'm going to bed soon, so I'll reply as soon as possible tomorrow. Thanks in advance, TW
XBox 360 gamertag: templewulf feel free to add me!
Advertisement
You don't. Just generate a new bigger font using the irrFontTool provided in the SDK and use that font for your heading.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
You don't. Just generate a new bigger font using the irrFontTool provided in the SDK and use that font for your heading.

Oh! Well, I wish I had known that earlier! I googled every combination of irrlicht and font and size that I could think of, but didn't read about that.

I'll try it tonight and post back any other problems to this thread, in case anybody else comes to exactly the same problem as I did.

Thanks a bundle!
XBox 360 gamertag: templewulf feel free to add me!
Use the truetype font patch.
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3995

I fount it very usefull.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement