Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Sprite

Started by okonomiyaki Jul 16, 2006 at 1:11 AM 10 replies 2.3k views
Original Post
okonomiyaki
okonomiyaki
At first, I was going to post about Sprite's "sublymonal" commercials, and what the hell is up with them. Every time I see them I don't know whether to laugh or cringe. I was looking around the internet for an example commercial and found Sprite's official site: Sublymonal.com. What kind of site is that? Makes me wonder even more about Sprite. I can't stand looking at commercials/sites that are so freaking busy. Something intruiged me about the site too, though. It's kind of cool how you can enter any word and it responds (actually talks) about what you entered. So, to Sprite: I have no idea what the hell you are doing, nor if it's a good thing or not...
DukeAtreides076
DukeAtreides076
I find the commercials mildly amusing. They must be working too, because I bought some Sprite the other day.

The site seems rather confusing, but it seems to give links when you type in the 'code' words that flash up. One linked me to a
">video
of one of the commercials on youtube, and another linked me to a wierd rapper.

Looks like I found their "hidden folder": LOL!

edit: the talking response sounds like one of the text to speech generators.
Antisheep
Antisheep
Whatever happened to 7up? I still see ads here and there, but I don't find 7up in virtually ANY restaurants.

...and from what I remember it was pretty good...
________________________Quote: OluseyiI knew of a "Christian" couple in Nigeria who named their child "God's End-time Battle Axe." I kid you not.
DukeAtreides076
DukeAtreides076
Quote:
Original post by Antisheep
Whatever happened to 7up? I still see ads here and there, but I don't find 7up in virtually ANY restaurants.


Heh heh, remember the shirts?

Front: Make 7
Back: Up Yours!
Avatar God
Avatar God
I really like Sprite. Enough to keep drinking it in spite of the terribly frightening commercials and website (remember the mouth in the eye thing! AGH!)!
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
okonomiyaki
okonomiyaki
Quote:
Original post by DukeAtreides076
Quote:
Original post by Antisheep
Whatever happened to 7up? I still see ads here and there, but I don't find 7up in virtually ANY restaurants.


Heh heh, remember the shirts?

Front: Make 7
Back: Up Yours!


Oh yeah!! I totally forgot about that, that shirt was awesome!

Quote:
Original post by Avatar God
I really like Sprite. Enough to keep drinking it in spite of the terribly frightening commercials and website (remember the mouth in the eye thing! AGH!)!


ugh, the first time I saw that I think I literally sat there with my mouth open.
Jovan
Jovan
Wow, sprite is finally catching onto "the more fucked up" "the more cool it is" fad. Except, they are late, and they just ruined it.
xSKOTTIEx
xSKOTTIEx
i believe the memorandum pictures are there as part of their involvement with the ARG (sp), some online game similar to hack.net that is related to the tv series, "LOST."

how do i know this? my mom won't stfu about it.
---------Coming soon! Microcosm II.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.