UK courses

Started by
2 comments, last by chedabob 17 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I would like to know what courses would be good to take to become a professional programmer. I already have experience in some programming languages, the newest being C++ and now I would like to know what subjects courses I should take at college, then university. This is UK only.. Thanks.
Advertisement
Most places I think require a bachelor in Computer Science to get a job as a "professional" programmer.

Different colleges require different classes but you'll end up taking like 20 programming courses.

I would recommend looking at a Computer Science program, it should guide you though what classes/requirements you need for the specific college.
Computer Science or Software engineering at University will be the most useful, however quite a few places consider physics etc also.. As for college subject’s well maths, physics, further maths will help you, but you should just do what you enjoy. IT/Computing at collage will not really help you on a CS course (if anything my profs say it teaches you bad habits).

Any range of decent subjects (i.e. not drama etc..) should get you into uni if you get decent enough grades.
im going to be doing a BTEC National Diploma Software Practitioner, which is c# programming, the dev cycle, stuff like that.

Thats at college.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement