Need help determining the necessity of a book

Started by
1 comment, last by VWarrior 17 years, 9 months ago
I know I've been making loads of these threads but i'm gonna try to stop for now. As some of you may know, I've been looking for a book to get my foot in the door game programming. I've recently purchased Game Coding Complete, 2nd Edition, a book i've heard and read many good things about. One of my goals is to gain a fundamental know-how of programming a game, and figured it'd be easier and more beneficial (in terms of learning and understanding) to start with 2D games. So I was considering buy "Beginning Game Programming" by Michael Morrison. The book seems pretty good, and the author seems to know what he's talking about, and continues to the support the book on his website with the source code and actual games for download. So does anyone recommend this book for a beginner like me or is Game Coding Complete, 2nd Edition all I need for now?
Advertisement
i find it easiest to stick with one book at a time but thats just me. if i were you id read one of them and if i think i still need another book on beginning programming i would purchase the other one. you might get through the first book and not want to read the other one because you already have a good understanding and you might want to purchase a book for intermediate programming or something a little more challenging

~matt~
Thats true and good advice. Ok, i'll stick with what I have coming for now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement