Dev-CPP has a newer version

Started by
5 comments, last by King Mir 17 years, 9 months ago
For those who use Dev. There is an update for it. Dev-CPP version 4.9.9 Just wanted to let everyone know. The site www.bloodshed.net has some wierd powerweb garbage so I downloaded it from some other place. Just google for it and there are links that host it for download. Have fun with the improved IDE -Dan Note* If any of you users find a tutorial on installing DirectX 8 for Dev, can u send me the link? Thanks!
Advertisement
I could have sworn that 4.9.9 had been out for some time, even a beta for 5. Also, I thought that it hadn't been worked on in awhile.
There's a tutorial here in the articles section (maybe DirectX) with setting up DX8 and Dev. And check the in the devpacks as there is one for DirectX 9.
____________________________________Spazuh- Because I've had too much coffee
From what I recall Dev-C++ has not been worked on in atleast a year. Could be as much as 2 years by mow.

Use Visual C++ Express.
Quote:Original post by Sol462
I could have sworn that 4.9.9 had been out for some time, even a beta for 5.

The Sourceforge page suggests that 4.9.9.1 was released in 2004 (and 4.9.9.2 in early 2005).

CVS suggests the last file updated was about a year ago, and dev-c++ is largely written in Pascal, curious...
It's written with Delphi, that uses pascal
o.o I must be late then lol Last time I looked at the site there was no 4.9.9 Wierd. Well you can delete this post then I guess.

Wheres the beta for version 5?

(I'll check for DirectX pacakages, thanks)
Quote:Original post by SonicD007
o.o I must be late then lol Last time I looked at the site there was no 4.9.9 Wierd. Well you can delete this post then I guess.

Wheres the beta for version 5?

(I'll check for DirectX pacakages, thanks)

4.9.9 is the beta version. The idea is that the first official release will be called version 5.0.0. If that ever happens that is.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement