Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Sansa e260 (SanDisk)

Started by Spintwo Jul 31, 2006 at 11:56 PM 2 replies 900+ views
Original Post
Spintwo
Spintwo
I just got a Sansa e260 and am pretty impressed with it as an mp3 player. It also plays back photos and video on 4gb unlike those ..ipod nanos. Anyone else have experience with this player or similar? I looked at one of those 4gb samsungs but they seemed too limiting. EDIT: Sansa e260 [Edited by - Spintwo on August 1, 2006 12:52:35 PM]
lethalhamster
lethalhamster
I've never owned a Sansa, but that is looking nice! I may have to pick one up!
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
Spintwo
Spintwo
Yeah, at first I was a little skeptical because I've never heard of SanDisk making mp3 players. I was looking at this one because Samsung tends to be one of the 'brands' in the electronics biz. However, when I took a closer look at the Sansa, the less weight, the better looking sheen, the video capability made me take a second look (you can also upgrade space with a SDMicro or w/e). It resembles the iPod nano in terms of style (although it's a little thicker but in turn, MUCH sturdier) but has greater capabilities with a lower pricetag (AND Sansa actually did intend for the battery to be changed by the end user [just a screwed on back instead of being a whole molded together case *cough* ipod]). The only thing that I would say would be a gripe would be: I would have made the touchwheel so that the white ring was eliminated and instead the entire middle black button would be a turner(for scrolling) as well as a selection button, keeping an entirely black scheme. That's the major gripe and the other two are small: I don't think you can put a custom background on liek the Creative products and the status bar (the one that tells you what % the song is through) has stupid colors. But other than that, I got eveyrthing working (WITHOUT iTunes) and was lickity-quick fast. So being that light, if you buy this thing with a portable case (I got one for my daily running) and that replacement warranty at Best Buy (you have a problem with it? ok here's a new one), you're really set to go. This is gonna be my new recommendation and as a perk, I'll become a trendsetter! w00t

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.