Various problems for a beginner.

Started by
0 comments, last by TheBlackJester 17 years, 8 months ago
I'm looking at the information in the sticky posts on this forum and stuff I found from Google searches and I'm feeling somewhat bewildered. It's kind of like the first time I read about programming. At least now I've been through that and I know I will make it through again. I am quite clueless-- I wanted to download Fruity Loops and couldn't find the .exe file... and then I found the heading "What are Fruity Loops?" and realized they were a bunch of plugins. So.. What do I plug Fruity Loops into? How do I get it? Which Fruity Loops should I get? (If any.) Is there anything besides Fruity Loops that I should get? Furthermore, thinking something was wrong with my synthesizer, I used my brother's tuner on my computer. Sure enough, every note is a little bit sharp. Is this Anvil Studio's fault? If so, how do I fix it? (i.e. what audio properties am I looking for?) If not, I guess it's a sound card/speaker problem. (Right?) How do I find out what sound card I have? Where would I get a high quality sound card if I don't already have one? How do I find out the quality of my sound card? Where would I buy high quality headphones? How do I install a new sound card?
Advertisement
Hey there,

Actually, Fruity Loops IS a piece of software, not a bunch of plugins. The name FL is derived from the fact that he software is used to organize music by laying out a series of looping pieces in different arrangements. It's a good piece of software and has great support for MIDI as well as plenty of effects and wav editing support. It's not free though. You can find it at www.flstudio.com

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: [email=darkswordtbj@hotmail.com]TheBlackJester[/email]Team: Wildfire Games
Projects O A.D.The Last Alliance

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement