Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

FBO

Started by Ien Aug 30, 2006 at 11:34 AM 2 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
Ien
Ien
hi, have been struggling with this problem for quite a while.. i have downloaded a sample code of simple framebuffer object from http://developer.nvidia.com/object/sdk_home.html. Apparently, it uses EXT_framebuffer_object. When I built it in VC++, I encountered "EXT_framebuffer_object not found". I tried to compile in Linux, it said "glxGetProcAddressARB undeclared". Any advices? ien
smitty1276
smitty1276
EXT_framebuffer_object should not appear in your code, except as a string when you check for the extension.

glxGetProcAddressARB undeclared means that you haven't included the glx headers. You also need to link to the libs, or you will get an unresolved symbol error.
Ien
Ien
hey!

am so glad that you've replied to my thread. I was trying to understand FBO upon your advice for my pedestrian's perspective problem. would u mind explain to me what I should do to resolve this problem?

1) is GLEW necessary when compiling the sample code from nvidia or for my purpose? if yes, what I did was: after I downloaded the sample code, I encountered the glxGetProcAddressARB undeclared error. So I downloaded GLEW and tried to install by
a) unzip tgz file
b) cd to glew directory
c) I tried to ./configure but it doesn't work there
d) i type "make"
e) access root ..su
f) make install.

All these steps to install glew. I guess I may have done something wrong in step (c). I checked usr/lib and usr/include/GL folders and I could see glew.h and libGLEW.so in the same folder as gl.h and glew.h respectively. But I couldn't find glew32.lib and opengl32.lib.

g)After which I thought I was supposed to link the libraries ie. -lGLEW -lGLU -lGL to the sample code so what I did was go to Makefile of sample code and type in -lGLEW under CFlAGS since -lglu and -lgl already appeared there.

h) in the simple_framebuffer_object .cpp file, I included # above all other #include(s). And when i tried to compile, I received a long string of errrors/warnings... something in the light of "...redefined in the previous location".

am at lost...

2)"EXT_framebuffer_object should not appear in your code, except as a string when you check for the extension."
Could you confirm if the simple_framebuffer_object sample code is relevant to my purpose? I don't quite get this statement.

deavik
deavik
Quote:
Original post by Ien
When I built it in VC++, I encountered "EXT_framebuffer_object not found".

This message is output by the program? It probably means that your video card doesn't support FBO, so you won't be able to get it to run even if you get it compiled and linked on Linux, sorry.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.