my art portfolio!

Started by
5 comments, last by Th0ughtCr1me 17 years, 7 months ago
http://www.crosshatch.info suggestions needed. oh and i am interested in concept art/character design. 3rd option would be a modeler. thank you
Advertisement
It looks like there are some sampling artifacts in your thumbnails. You may want to try to smooth those out because it may not give a favorable first impression of the image. Unfortunatly, I'm not such a digital craftsman that I can advise how to do this.
The quality of the stuff you have up there seems to vary a bit. Some stuff, a lot actually, is really good looking. Others are quite a bit less impressive. I'm sure you can tell which yourself. No reason to show the bad along with the good, it just makes it stand out more.

The set of empty frames before you start clicking things is confusing. I thought I was missing something.
wendigo23
yes i agree with both points. i can see problems with every one of my artwork actually, but there are some that have more major problems such as anatomy, perspective etc. sometimes it becomes a problem for me to choose what to put in and what not.
http://www.crosshatch.info/images/artwork/14.jpg
for example, while this drawing has problem in anatomy and perspective, it is also showing my great design sensibility. i took it out a while ago...i think i will take it out again. can you give me 1 piece you think i should leave out? i will work from there.

someone already told me that i should have my artwork on the front page and then have sub menu for more work and resume. i will try to do that with my limited Dreamweaver knowledge:)

Kelly G
some "artifacts" you see are actually intentional (may, or may not be in this case)...sometimes i see things a little differently, however, i am not sure if that's a good thing because i don't know how the game industry operates.
Just want to say that I really liked the pirate ship one. Very simple, but great looking.
thank you.
that's the logo for my old website which didn't launch.
I love the illustrations and comic book stuff, really great :) Reminds me of Heaven Sword And Dragon Sabre and the other Hong Kong comics :)
_______________ Play my Game at neonswarm.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement