[.net] Which IDE Do You Use?

Started by
29 comments, last by Fiddler 17 years, 7 months ago
I'm mainly wondering in terms of game programming (i.e. not much Windows GUI programming) which IDE do you use? I used to program in C# quite heavily using VS.NET 2003. But I've been out of the loop for a little while and I'm trying to get back into it. I've used/seen SharpDevelope, but it seems a bit crude after being spoiled by VS. Also, I used do mainly GUI programming for windows apps so VS.NET had exactly what I need. Right now I'm looking for an IDE that is a little less weight than VS.NET. I don't really need all the forms designers and stuff, while they're a plus I don't really need them. I was just wondering what the common IDE's in use are right now. Thanks.
Advertisement
I use Visual Studio 2005 Standard primarily, followed by SharpDevelop when working on stuff in Boo.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
VS 2005 here. (Be prepared to hear that a lot in this thread.)

As for Linux development, MonoDevelop. OSX development, text editor and an eterm session. Needless to say, the OSX development is less fun.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition. You really can't get much better than that. To me, not using a program because it has too many features is a little rediculous, but I hear that thrown around alot when talking about Visual Studio's faults.

It seems to me that it is kind of nice to have everything in one package, instead of having to install and maintain several different programs.
You really can't top the interface, debugger, compiler, and editor features.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
SharpDevelop 2.0 for C# and Code::Blocks for C or C++.
Visual Studio 2005 Standard. I don't do development on platforms other than Windows.
I wish they would give away the VS 2005 Standard here in Europe!

I'm using the VS 2005 Express editions, which is quite nice, and still free.

VS 2005 Pro at work and home, except for XNA where I use C# 2005 Express.

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

VS2005 Pro. With one change:

Go into text editor options, and under all languages disable the navigation bar. Fixing one little bug, making text entry much faster with large projects [smile] If it wasn't fixable I'd be using something else.
Yeah, I'm not that supprised to see a lot of VS 2005. I just tried #Develop 2.0 yesterday after making this post. I must say, I was really impressed. It was nothing like I remembered...granted if there weren't any changes from 0.9 to 2.0 something would be really wrong :P
While I'm on my slow laptop, I must say that SharpDevelop is my IDE of choice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement