C# or C++?

Started by
5 comments, last by DragonGeo2 17 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I have pretty good knowledge in C, but I wish to learn more in OOP especially for game development. Which one should I go for, C# or C++?
Advertisement
well C# is pure OOP.
thanks for ur reply, but if talkng abt game development, which one will be better to use?
1) Professional Games Made In C#?
2) Java for game development?
3) Java----C/C++
4) c++ or c#
5) Question about Java Vs. C# Vs. C++
6) Java Games?
7) Java is fast?
8) Secondary Language:VB or Java?
9) What makes C++ so powerful?
10) C# games and cheating...
11) Is C# good enough for system utility programming
12) MC++ vs. C#
13) Which language is best for a 3d Games Engine?
14) C# vs C++ as a choice for development
15) Try out C# or stick with C++
16) Is Java the Future?
17) why C# and not Java?
18) What do you think of the D language?

For god's sake stop asking.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
If you are looking to go into the field of game development I would recommend C++ as it is the standard. If you are wanting to work on your own C# is definitely easier to get something started up with.

To poster above me:

I'm going to kindly steal that linkage for future reference =)
thanks Promit, for ur kindly references
Quote:Original post by ok_woei
Hi, I have pretty good knowledge in C, but I wish to learn more in OOP especially for game development. Which one should I go for, C# or C++?

C# vs. C++ eventually comes down to a matter of personal preference. What you will find is that you are perfectly well able to complete various programming and game programming problems equally well through either language. I personally prefer C++ because I feel that high-level languages simply obfuscate the lower-level programming that you'd be doing anyway. Other people prefer high-level language usage because they don't want to look at the computer's internals - memory pointers, and low-level functions. It's all a matter of which language you feel most comfortable using.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement