Original Post
Very new to programming...but I created a scorekeeper for English Darts...it keeps track of X01 (ie 501, 301, etc) and Cricket...right now I have the score keeper working properly from 1-4 players... now i'm interested in adding an AI player with different skill levels...I'm just not sure how to even start doing something like that...any ideas? I figured I'd start with an AI for the X01 games since they are much simpler...What I had in mind was the following: 1) Figure out an average point per dart or point per round score for the different levels... 2) develop % or probablility of missing the average +/- (eg. If point per round average was 50 then probability of hitting 50 +/- 10 would be 75%, 50 +/- 20 would be 20% and 50 +/- 30 would be 5%...realize i'm just making up %'s here...just trying to show what's on my mind) 3) then also have to account for doubling out (ie hitting a double with the exact score you have remaining) I have no idea how to get started or if my approach is even close...i'd love any help you guys could provide...thanks... note: currently my project is in VB6... thanks... [Edited by - TheNoocH on October 12, 2006 1:50:20 PM]