tictactoe help

Started by
6 comments, last by brandonman 17 years, 5 months ago
ok. I'm gonna jump back into game programming. I need a little help with tic tac toe. gonna start simple. any tutorials out there to help me get started and explain it? I want to have the stuff explained so I can apply what I learn to other games. thanks in advance. oh and, I want it in C or C++ PS-couldn't find much on google...I'm not a good googler :P
Advertisement
What level of difficulty do you need these articles to be? It will depend on how much previous experiance do you have.
______________________TradeMark Designs
Heres a link to sme tic tac toe programs on Planet Sourcecode:

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/BrowseCategoryOrSearchResults.asp?chkCode3rdPartyReview=on&txtCriteria=tic+tac+toe&blnResetAllVariables=TRUE&txtMaxNumberOfEntriesPerPage=10&cmSearch=Search&optSort=Alphabetical&chkCodeTypeZip=on&chkCodeTypeText=on&chkCodeTypeArticle=on&chkCodeDifficulty=1%2C+2%2C+3%2C+4&lngWId=3

Not exactly tutorials, but some of them might have good commenting (haven't looked at them personally).
God is not all-powerful, as he cannot build a wall he cannot jump.Stelimar Website: eddy999999.ed.funpic.org/Stelimar/index.html
I need it to e fairly low skill level
In my opinion the best thing to do is learn about basic programming, and graphics manipulation first, then put them together to make such a game using your own inititive. Personally I have found just following a tutorial on how to make me a game doesn't help me learn, it just helps me follow tutorials...
depends on how good the tutorial is...
Quote:Original post by brandonman
depends on how good the tutorial is...

IMO, programming has a lot of problem solving involved. Tutorials ruin that opportunity to problem solve when the problems are somewhat simple. When you get to complicated problems, you are totally dependent on tutorials. I think tutorials should *only* give you the way to use the function and not make a game for you. But thats my opinion.

But for problems that you feel that you can't do I recommend posting on the forum. Not looking for a tutorial that makes the whole game for you.
slymrHopefully game is in progress.
I really (NO OFFENSE INTENDED), don't really care if tutorials do it for you. I think they are a good experience if detailed enough. They tell you what you're doing and give you something that works as a further reference, and when it does work, boosts confidence to give ya that umph to work hard. So just try to get me some links if possible plz. im not a good googler

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement