How its made - Games

Started by
4 comments, last by Ozymandias42 17 years, 6 months ago
Thought you guys might like this: How its made - Games (Hi-Res).wmv How its made - Games (Lo-Res).wmv PS Sorry had to remove the links as my bandwidth has been depleted, you zealous downloaders, you! [Edited by - Talib on October 16, 2006 9:00:13 AM]
Try, try and fucking try again.
Advertisement
Argh, it's so watered down, but it's good anyway.

It focused almost entirely on art, and I know most main stream games do involve legions of artists and programmers are like their peons and stuff, but I mean, it would have been nice if there was more of programming and software related aspect to it. There was like one small clip that showed code and a really cool looking editor; I'm going to be analyzing that...
I agree. According to them programmers only design the menu and game engineers only do AI.

But they couldn't make it too long as it is only a 30min show with 4 topics.

It does give you a good idea of game planning and organization though, as well as the amount of work that goes into the game.
Programmers? Games don't need programmers. First 'The Idea Guy' comes up with an idea, then he sits back for 12 months while designers create all the monsters, quests, stories, objects, dialogue, and interface for the game. Finally you load it into The Engine and you have your game! I should know, I'm in the industry.

;)
'The idea guy' - now that's a job title I want. Anybody know of an opening somewhere. The pay should be good, cause remember I want to travel a lot during those 12 months I wait for the game designers to complete MY IDEA!
Like Congressman, cruise ship critic, and think tank member, the jobs exist but they certainly don't need to try hard to fill them, let alone advertise their presence.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement